Sacramento & Elk Grove CA Slip & Fall Lawyer, Sacramento Slip & Fall Personal Injury Attorney
When you are injured in a store, restaurant, or another person's home in Sacramento or Elk Grove, CA, the injury is covered by the legal term “premises liability.” This is the law that makes certain persons liable for injuries and damages to others arising from the ownership or possession of real property. In Sacramento or Elk Grove California, premises liability is based on general principles of negligence and is controlled both by statute and case law. The Sacramento & Elk Grove CA Personal Injury, Slip & Fall, Law, Lawyer & Attorney Law Offices of Alan M. Laskin are professionals in this area, and recommend immediately getting assistance following the slip and fall incident.
Premises liability actions have traditionally involved "slip and fall" or "trip and fall" as causes of legal action. Not limited to such causes of action, premises liability includes, among other things, construction accidents, dog bite cases, lead poisoning, defective and/or inoperative lighting, failure to warn of hazardous conditions, and injuries caused by the negligent or willful conduct of third persons on the premises involved.
Following a Slip and Fall incident:
1. Seek medical treatment immediately following the incident. Your health is the utmost priority following a slip and fall incident It is important to visit a doctor as soon as possible. Even if you don't believe your injury to be severe, by seeing a medical professional in Sacramento or Elk Grove, CA, the slip & fall personal injury can be documented, and your Sacramento Slip & Fall Attorney at The Sacramento & Elk Grove CA Personal Injury, Slip & Fall, Law, Lawyer & Attorney Law Offices of Alan M. Laskin will easily be able to file the necessary documents to maximize your claim.
2. Report the incident. No matter where the Slip & Fall Injury occurred, make sure you report it to an authority figure on-site – a manager, owner, landlord – If possible, get the details of the incident in writing, and request a copy of the document for your records.
3. Document EVERYTHING – names, addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers of witnesses, or persons on-site. Remember to take pictures of the EXACT location you slipped and fell, and be sure to take pictures of all of the factors involved with the slip & fall incident. Be sure to write down what you were doing right before the accident, the details of the fall, time, and date.
4. Decline to give statements about the incident until speaking with a Slip & Fall Injury Attorney at the The Sacramento & Elk Grove CA Personal Injury, Slip & Fall, Law, Lawyer & Attorney Law Offices of Alan M. Laskin. Do not post about your accident on social media, and delay contacting your insurance company until speaking with a Slip & Fall Injury Attorney.
5. Call a Slip & Fall Injury Attorney at the The Sacramento & Elk Grove CA Personal Injury, Slip & Fall, Law, Lawyer & Attorney Law Offices of Alan M. Laskin. When considering the next steps following a slip & fall incident, the best person you can have on your side is a knowledgeable Slip & Fall Lawyer. A slip & fall incident is a lot harder to prove, and so by contacting a Slip & Fall Injury Lawyer, there is a much higher guarantee that you will get the settlement you deserve.
Do you feel you may have a potential injury case in Sacramento or Elk Grove, CA?
Contact us today at the Sacramento & Elk Grove CA Personal Injury, Slip & Fall Injury, Law, Lawyer & Attorney Law Offices of Alan M. Laskin for a free personal injury case consultation or call (916) 329-9010 for a free accident case consultation with a Sacramento Slip & Fall injury Attorney.